Monday, January 23, 2006

Heart's sigh

I am in a state of restlessness (– again) because of too much pressure from work, studies and family.

Wala lang. But I am not tired and I am not complaining. Mas marami pang dapat mag complain kesa sa’kin… I am still blessed.

~~~

Jeric was my 21-years-old cousin who died of cancer in 2004. He was the second son in a family of seven children. The CA was detected May, he died August. We were devastated because we only noticed the lump on his neck March 2004.

More than a year later, his 21-year-old sister found a lump on the same spot of her neck. It was diagnosed as undifferentiated carcinoma also known as cancer of the nasal cavity.

According to the doctor, she might as well cut her hair short and ask someone to make a wig out of it because the chemotherapy would just damage the hair follicles, which would eventually lead to hair fall. She also has to undergo radiotherapy every day for 20-30 days.

This news broke our hearts. For the second time, cancer poses a challenge to the whole family. I hope we get out of this one undefeated.

~~~

I miss him terribly. In truth, kung gugustuhin ko lang, I could contact him. But no, I won’t. Because finally the lesson on loving and letting go of someone you really love is finally sinking into my whole being. This time, I want to make a conscious effort to stop hating him. Very hard task… pero I really want to pick up the pieces and get on with my life na, happy and free from all the burdens that has been weighing me down ever since.

~~~

I attended the SFC choir practice last Thursday night and I missed Lisieux very, very much. They were practicing the piece "JESUS" which we sang during the 2000 concert (my last year in LB). I noticed that I am grabbing every opportunity to be with my new community. I look forward to attending every scheduled meeting and practice they have. I suddenly wonder why in the world was I so lazy to attend meetings and practices back then. When I voiced this out loud last night, Arlene answered: kasi busy ka! Ahhhh, the opportunity cost of having a boyfriend :P

No comments: