Monday, October 23, 2006

Jess

I was watching the 6th season of Gilmore Girls since last week and i honestly don't like Logan for Rory - well Luke is just perfect for Lorelei. I keep on wondering about Dean and Jess.

Tapos! After a date with Logan and friends, she saw Jess lingering at her grandmother's lawn (or something). :) She invited Jess in and then...

JESS: And I didn't think you'd believe it if I didn't show it to you in person. [He pulls out a small book and hands it to her.]
RORY: Oh, color me curious. [She takes it.] A book. [She reads the cover.] The Subsect. Written by Jess Mariano. [She looks up at him, questioning.]
JESS: That's no misprint.
RORY: You wrote a book?
JESS: A short novel.
RORY: You wrote a book?
JESS: And through a fluke I got it to these guys that have a small press, and they read it, I don't know if they were high or something, but they decided to publish it!
RORY: You wrote a book.
JESS: There's no money in it. They only printed, like, five hundred of them. Believe me, I'm not quitting my day job.
RORY: But - you wrote it. You wrote a book. [She stands and flips through it.]
JESS: Yeah, I know, it's hard to believe.
RORY: You sat down and wrote a novel.
[...]
JESS: [laughing] Read it first. That way you can discourage people from buying it.
RORY: No way. I know it's good. Jess, you've got such a great brain. I knew that if you could just sit down and stop shaking it around you could do something like this. I knew it. I knew it.

~~~

[Rory runs after Jess.]
RORY: Jess, wait.
JESS [turns to her]: We shouldn't have done this.
RORY: He's just in a bad way lately.
JESS: He's a jerk!
RORY: He was. In there, definitely. I'm so sorry.
JESS: I read that guy the second I saw him. I should have begged off.
RORY: Well, I didn't want you to!
JESS: He'd better not come out here.
RORY: Please, Jess. He had a lot to drink. He's tired from traveling. This isn't him. I swear.
JESS: What the hell is going on?
RORY: I told you, he's tired! And his family's bugging him right now -
JESS: I mean, with you! What's going on with you?
RORY [stunned]: What do you mean?
JESS: You know what I mean! I know you. I know you better than anyone! This isn't you.
RORY: I don't know.
JESS [passionately]: What are you doing? Living at your grandparents' place? Being in the DAR? No Yale - why did you drop out of Yale?
RORY: It's complicated!
JESS: It's not! It's not complicated!
RORY [defensive]: You don't know!
JESS: This isn't you! This! You going out with this jerk, with the Porsche! We made fun of guys like this!
RORY: You caught him on a bad night.
JESS: This isn't about him! Okay? Screw him! What's going on with you? This isn't you, Rory. You know it isn't. What's going on?
[Rory is starting to get it. He looks at her, questioning.]
RORY [sincerely]: I don't know. [She looks around, thinking. She wraps her coat tightly around her.] I don't know.
[They look at each other for a moment.]
JESS [emotionally]: Okay, uh. Maybe, maybe we'll catch up at a better time. [He reaches out and rubs her elbow. He turns to leave. He stops at the gate and turns back.] Happy birthday, by the way. Wasn't that a couple weeks ago? Your birthday?
[Rory, still shocked, nods slightly. Jess smiles sadly and leaves. Rory watches him, then sighs. She narrows her eyes and marches inside.]

Transcript from: TWIZ TV - Gilmore Girls

Yup! I like Jess. Better than Dean and definitely better than Logan. :) Hay...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pocha, ilang taon na natin tong ginagawa?! hindi pa uso pirated DVD, adiktus na sa transcripts!

Jing said...

hay... :) grabe talaga ito. ang hindi kinaya nina Richard, Emily at Lorelei na kumbinsihin si Rory to go back to Yale, kinaya ni Jess in probably less than an hour. :)

Jing said...

ay! if i may just add, he has a very sexy voice :)

Anonymous said...

jess comes, then jess leaves,
and he's prob'ly never coming back again.

Jing said...

probably...