Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Relieved

Hay… January pa lang super dami na ng work. Super! Meetings, papers, and business letters everywhere, all of which are/will be used in preparation for the OYS 2nd National Convention and the NAST 29th ASM.

Plus, I’m still in panic mode though I can feel its power over me dwindling. Buti naman! Aba, pano ba naman, I'm 3 weeks late in submitting my thesis proposal. Yup, thesis proposal. Why? Because after 2 months of supposed to be thinking and researching period I still do not have a topic. That was until yesterday, thanks to Joel.

Actually, the gratitude should go first to those who suggested topics weeks ago pa. But since I couldn’t find the devcom angle, I didn’t adopt any of it. So first, thank you to Joseph, who’s always, as in always talaga, willing to help and give out resources - work and studies related. He suggested doing a study related to Mount Banahaw. He gave me the contact info of those who are involved and the website to check for reference. Next on the list is the husband and wife team of Kuya Jim and Loriedel. I emailed Loriedel, she forwarded the message to Kuy Jim, who is a DevCom practitioner and he gave me several topics such as: bird flu awareness campaign in the country, HIV awareness and the likes. Thank you ng madami. :)

So, ok na? Not yet. I still have to start and finish the proposal but the 50% of the work is done. I now know where to start.

~~~

I love Rascal Flatts. Panalo sa lyrics! :)

I found you find strength in your moments of weakness.
For once I am at peace with myself.

I’m moving on
Rascal Flatts

Cause when push comes to shove,
you’ll taste what you’re made of
you might bend till you break
cause it’s all you can take,
on your knees you look up,
decide you’ve had enough
you get mad
you get strong
wipe your hand
shake it off
then you stand.


Stand
Rascal Flatts

~~~

I’m currently reading a book about teachers. It is supposed to be a love story and I bought it for the very simple reason that I like the cover. Yup, that’s me. I look at book covers. I don’t want those with half naked man and almost naked woman in a very provocative position. I would probably die of embarrassment should you see me reading one of those books. I am not saying that I do not read those books; I do, but definitely not in public. No way man!

Anyway, I found this and I would like to share it with you.

Most of the time, the kids who lash out are just using a teacher for a target because they can’t get at the real ones. Maybe they’ve had a fight with the old man, or they’ve just broken up with the love of the moment, or they’re afraid they’re going to get benched at the next game. It’s not about us. We’re just in the way.

The Wiz
Learning Curve, p. 94

The philosophy does not only apply to teachers. I think it applies to all. In one-way or another, we became the kid who lashes out and in some ways we became the teacher who’s being lashed. When you just get fed up about something and you cannot get the “real enemy” you just pour out the anger at the person closest to you. Sad no? This could go under the heading, “why do we always hurt the ones we love.”

~~~

Crush

I have a crush. After ng may-ari ng tsinelas, may crush ulit ako. :) pero hindi pedeng sabihin kung sino and I don’t think I will ever have the guts to tell anyone about it. As in never. Kaya dito na lang. It will be safer here. No one will know who that person is. I just have to let it out para mawala na rin sa system ko. Hindi kasi puede. I know somebody na may-may gusto rin sa kanya – though gut feel lang. Atsaka basta hindi talaga pwede. I just feel special whenever kausap ko siya (though very seldom). No mushy chenes or whatever, but you will know na nagke-care siya. :) basta, can’t explain. Hard to explain, rather. O ayan, enough said. Sana lang mawala na… para ok. Hay…

No comments: