Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday

Dear GG,

I just finished listening to my recorded conversation with Arlene last May 9, 2009. You see my 2-year old cell phone has this feature that can record anything including telephone conversations. Anyhow, the last thing that I said in that phone conversation with my BFF was “Arlene, I am now appointing you to be part of my Search Committee”. Thirteen days after, she introduced me to you.

It was one of my goals for 2009 – to go and visit a new place every month. It started when we went to Sagada last December 2008. Since then, I had been to different places. For May, it was Cagbalete at Mauban, Quezon. I prepared for this trip. I was so excited to go somewhere new to forget the old.

You were such a snob when I first met you. You did not even look at me when I offered you some cookies. It was like you had a stiff neck or something – I was seated behind you, remember? During the whole trip to Cagbalete, you did not even acknowledge that I exist. But I did notice that you have a firm hand when you helped me get into the boat.

It never even occurred to me that you and I would become friends – much less sweethearts. And yet here we are... on our 2nd month already. It seems like I have known you for years! The Universe never fails to amaze me. Just when I was ready to give up on love, here it comes offering me something that I could not resist – your friendship and your love.

I know many people would not agree but, I want to thank you for being very kind to me and for being so loving. Probably it also helped that you are into explaining things. Not once did I feel that you don’t love me. And even for that alone, I am very grateful.

The other night, you were thanking me for loving you. I wanted you to know that I feel the same way with you - thank you for walking into my life, unexpected and unannounced, bringing in with you wonderful and (if I may say) out-of-my-world things. But most of all, I want to thank you also for loving me.

Looking forward to more days, more months, and more years ahead with you.

Mwah! =)

Hugging you tightly...

2 comments:

Jopet said...

Dear majal,
Umm.. mahal…lab…um inglis ba, ay patay ang jutay… Ay shige na nga.. before anything else, please excuse my writing composition, for I’m writing this in an improptu manner, I don’t know how or what to write at this time so I’m just typing whatever comes out of my mind. So ... mahal… I love you. Ayaan. I know you know it but I don’t say this to you very often, and often I ask myself why. Maybe I’m just not being vocal about it. Maybe I’m just being too conscious or shy, cynical or maybe I’m not that sweet kinda guy. I’m not good in a sweet lovey-dovey talk. I think it’s corny, cheesy and girly, andv infectious to my macho gwapito bravado. I’m a tough gun you know… charos tuttut-chakin galore ang mga chenes! I know I’m papable na otoko but lupita kashiwara itech. Anyway, back to love, do I really love you? Why do I love you? What’s love anyway? sometimes I think its an overrated word, so I consulted webbs and googlech, but I think nothing is more simple, truthful and yet appealling definition of love than in the old scripture, corinthians….errr…nevermind what the heck…too much for the intro… truth is wiz aketch ma say, so fly na to the moon, what I’m saying is even though I don’t sweet-talk a lot, or though I cant seem to find from googlech and wiki the rightful meaning of supposed love that I have for you… I think all I have to do is truthfully say what I’m feeling right now from the deepest pit bottom of my black tar heart…hmm. I don’t know how to start, but right now , at this very moment, I’m feeling dizzy, tired but happy and gay, no not gay. You know whenever I’m with you, I’m at peace, evrything seems slow motion, (well wiz literal, since you move and walk faster than a masyondang aligagang animal), you make me dreamy, and when I’m dreamy I’m happy… Whenever I’m not with you, like right now, it’s already 3am I’m all alone in the house and yet I don’t feel alone, It feels like you’re always here with me, watching me from behind, from nowhere, sometimes I feel like you’re just inside the closet, under the bed, outside the window… staring me with those… those goomy bloody red eyes popping out of your eye sockets behind that long black sadako hair of yours… gives me the chills, and yet gives me comfort, and I’m glad. Everytime we hold hands, I feel the sweat, este yan kse tigilan ang lotion wiz kse maniwala, I feel your warmth, I feel your care, I feel comfort, I feel secure. When we embrace, I feel weird or something, no, not that kind of something… but I feel like a child again, a mongoloid baby on her mother’s hand, where I can I sleep all night long… Just don’t turn that fan off or I’ll bite your.. your fingers. I never felt ignored when I’m with you… I’m always… uhhh, whatever… you know what, I never thought that there are too much to say, and too much to be thankful…. To sum it all up, maybe it’s the feeling of being loved is the reason why I love you. I don’t think words can compensate the generosity of love you have for me. I just want to say I’m so grateful that I have you in my life, and I wish and hope through the months and years to come, god willing, we still share that weird feeling called love, amen. O ano pwidi na? Happy birthday, luv u pangit!

Jing said...

Sweetness... :) Thank you Pangit! Love you. :)