Monday, February 01, 2010

Integration Process

Jopet and I attended the 2010 Comics, Manga, & Graphic Novels Seminar hosted by Glasshouse Graphics Inc. yesterday from 10 am to 8pm at the De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde.

Having attended numerous scientific meetings, conferences and fora, this seminar took me into a whole new dimension by introducing me into the world of graphic arts – world full of beauty and intricacy. People who attended the event were overflowing with passion for their craft that they willingly share their portfolios to fellow artists for their comments and criticism, which I think were all constructive.

Jopet’s work entitled “Wolverine” was chosen by Mr. David Campiti, CEO and President of Glasshouse, as one his many examples in his lectures. For a brief moment, I felt what it was like to be a mother, beaming and proud as the two other budding artists recognized him (I even heard a hint of admiration) as the one who created the featured “Wolverine” art. =)

Immediately after the seminar at around 8:30pm, we proceeded to Quiapo to visit its famous Church. Since it was my first time there, we said our wishes (I hope he really did… because I did =), bought a dvd worth 50pesos and went home at around 11:00 pm.

It was a fun and fulfilling day, full of new learning and new experiences. A process of integration – his world into mine and my world into his.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could'nt agree more. It was a really fun day. From the never ending roller coaster tribike ride, to the ridiculously overreacting guards, yes it was a fun day. But despite a few bumps on the side, it was a very nice ride because we were together and it is comforting to know that no matter how many long roads I take and misadventures I encounter, you will always be with me (* maybe not always physically but in spirit...) Thank you and aylabyu.... Jopet

Unknown said...

will always be there for you... as long as you let me. :)