Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Special weekend

I was given a special weekend...

I went home last Friday with my Mama and Papa. For two consecutive Fridays, they waited for me so that we could go home together. For some reason, I know they like it this way – me going home every weekend instead of every other weekend. These days, going home has been everybody's priority because of Miguel. By the way, I had a meeting at Los BaƱos last Wednesday and immediately after the meeting I went home to Alaminos to see our little angel. I was so sad last Tuesday when i heard the news that his doctor found a lump on his lung (not sure whether it is on the left or on the right).

Anyways, I was able to spend time with him and his parents, with Inay and Carlo, with my Mama and Papa, and with Jopet last weekend.


... with Miguel

Miguel and his new socks/shoes. He is getting taller and taller every time I see him. His dietician said that he gained .3 kilo since the last time she saw him. But he still needs 1.3 kilos in order to meet the standard weight for his age, which is 5 kilos. Nevertheless, we are very happy for the improvement. I was quite amazed at how much milk he consumes every day. Five (5) days lang sa kanya yung milk niya na 500g samantalang dati 2 weeks yun. =) So yes, I am certain that he will be ok now. In his own way, he is assuring us that the battle he is fighting is something that he will win in the end. =)





... with Inay and Carlo

The age difference between these two persons and the chemistry they create never cease to amaze me. =) Papa asked me to go to SM to have his cell phones fixed. So i asked Inay, who is currently staying with us in Alaminos, to accompany me. When we’re about to leave Taluts called to inform us that Tito Mike will bring Carlo with him to our place. When Inay heard this, I though I saw sparks in her eyes. Kapag si Carlo kasi ang pupunta ng SM isinasama lagi niya si Inay. This time, its Inay’s turn to bring Carlo to SM. It was an adventure for me, because we were not with Mama or with Taluts or with Papa. I was the one in charge of the two lovely persons. =) Here are their pictures together. I found it so beautiful that the 70 years age difference is almost negligible because of how much they love each other. Inay assisted Carlo while he played at WOF. On the other hand, it was Carlo who assisted Inay while she shopped for a faucet replacement and some toiletries.





... with Jopet

Two weeks ago, Jopet promised to do something for me but at the last minute, he told me that he was not sure if he wanted to do it! I was furious, kung hindi ba naman talaga siyang naghanap ng away ng ganun. Kung magkalapit lang kami, I could have punched him. But like all our misunderstandings in the past, this one did not last longer than a day. I do not know how he does that but he has his way of making me smile. Marunong maglambing!

We usually meet in Bicutan. But last Sunday he insisted on meeting me in Alabang. Travelling all the way from Fairview to Alabang just to meet me was actually enough, but wait! While having our lunch, he asked me to close my eyes because he’s going to give me something. After much hesitation, I just covered my face and looked the other way. Then he showed me this..





He said, “Nagustuhan mo no? Kasi may lalagyan?!” Sabay smile. Then he showed me the handle of the container. Panalo! :) He stayed until yesterday so that we could have lunch together. :)

~~~

Last Sunday, while looking at the picture of Mark Bautista, he commented that it was edited in Photoshop because of the lighting. I asked why the artist/photographer had to do that, he told me that it was for Mark Bautista to look like he is “wired”. After explaining what being “wired” means, I asked, “eh ikaw, wired ka din?” Sabi niya... “No. I’m plump.” Haha! Tawa talaga ako. I thought he would insist that he is “wired” din. Buti na lang hindi kung hindi lagot siya samin ni Arlene. =D

Seriously, I super like it that he is a bit on the plump side. :)

~~~

Jopet and I are like afternoon and night, dawn and mid morning. Not opposite but not really alike. I would like to think that we just complement each other. And we exert effort to work on our differences.

He is adjusting on..
  1. Walking. Growing up in LB, I am very fond of walking. He hates it. We almost always fight every time I ask him to walk even short distances. But lately I observe that he is exerting effort in spending time walking with me to different places - kahit pa malayo-layo ng konti. =)
  2. Messy room/house. I hate it every time he does not put something back to its original place. As in hate! Last weekend I saw that he arranged the seat cover and the slippers and the papers on the table after using them. =) He even washed “some” of the dishes that Arlene used. =)
On the other hand, I am learning how to..
  1. Use electric fan.
  2. Lessen my kasungitan every time may nagugulo siya sa gamit ko.

There are still a lot to learn but we are taking one happy step at a time towards achieving them.

~~~

My Super Crush

Before: Mark Nelson
Now: Dereck Ramsey

=)

2 comments:

Jupit said...

Very well written. As I'm reading this, I could feel the emotion flowing with every words. It's like reading an epic novel. I can't help it but I think I am being moved, is it because of your good writing or just because I'm one of the character being mentioned in your article? Nevertheless, I'd like to say thank you for your appreciation even for the little things that do not seem to matter, take care always and I love you.... Alululu!

Jing said...

Sus, arti! Lab you, Mahal! Kiss! :)