Monday, January 07, 2013

Kinder this 2013

I was so sad this morning. I was reading my email when I noticed that there was an email from one of my project staff.

He was informing me that he will be absent sometime next week because it is the 1st month of his Mama's death. After some inquiry, he clarified that it was his real mother who died and not any other woman in his family.

I was shocked. No one knew about this. Nobody else in the office knows. I mean, how could he not tell our other office mates about this! I could imagine how heavy this news is! I would understand it if I would be the last person to know because we are not friends. But news like this should be shared with other people. It lessens the burden. It lessens the pain.

I told him, he could go home already. He told me, "ayoko nga pong umuwi eh." I stopped bugging him about it. But in my heart, I understand. I also find it hard to deal with sadness head on. I do it in my own and in my own time.

I was so glad I did not reprimand him when he was absent last time. I learned that it was the day that his mom was buried. I know that it will be a bit hard, but I will try my best to be kinder to him in hopes that I can help him in any way I can with kindness.
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: