Thursday, April 21, 2005

"Habemus Papam!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I saw the face of the new pope yesterday.

This morning, as I was reading some online journals (blogs) na may entry about him, I was sort of bothered because in a way I agree with thiskid. The face of the new pope, Pope Benedict XVI, does not have the “openness” and “radiance” of Pope John Paul II’s, which is what I was expecting. I might be mistaken naman – well I do hope I’m wrong talaga.

I told M about this (yeah, we are exchanging text messages. He was the second one who told me that a new pope was elected last April 19) and he said, “Pope Benedict XVI was chosen by God to lead His people. Let’s just hope that he lasts for at least a decade man lang kasi nga matanda na.”

I have to agree.

~~~

Anyway, did you notice that Pope Benedict XVI resembles Sir Anthony Hopkins? Yup! Take a look…

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pope Benedict XVI

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sir Anthony Hopkins

So what do you think? :)

3 comments:

laMer said...

sabi ko na nga ba me kamukha ang bagong papa! can't quite make it a few days ago...thanks for supplying it, guads! hahaha, ;-)

Jing said...

haha! Glad to be of help po :D

Jing said...

huy tess! i miss you na po :) i hope you're doing well there. ingat lagi ha? mwah!