Monday, April 04, 2005

A memorable weekend

April 3, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was awakened by the news that our beloved Pope John Paul II passed away to reunite with the Maker at 9:37pm of April 2, 2005 (Rome time).

As I watched the news the previous night, the Vatican spokesperson said that the Pope’s condition was worsening BUT he was “serene” - he was at peace. The spokesperson was asking the people to pray for the Holy See. What was different from the request was that he was not asking for the people to pray that the pope would be well; he was asking the public to pray for the Pontiff’s peaceful death. It somehow made the “thy will be done” statement a bit clearer along with the acceptance of His will and faith that goes along with it.

And when I heard the news, I was not shocked but it made me sad.

When he visited our country 10 years ago for the celebration of the World Youth Day, my family and I left for Manila at around 3:00 am and treaded the Taft Avenue just to see him.

He caught my heart when I heard the news that during the abovementioned celebration, he defied protocols just to be with the participants – just to be near us.

My favorite story of him goes like this:
During his first few days as Pope, he had no one to talk to. So he picked up the phone and dialed without knowing who would answer it. It was answered by one of the Vatican staff. The staff was so surprised and elated to learn that she was talking with the new Pope!

Nice noh? :)

I mean, he was not just anybody. He was SOMEBODY and yet somehow he seemed so reachable. It was once said that we preach best, and teach best, by our personal example. As a faithful servant of Christ, he became a great example to his people.

Au revoir Ioannes Paulus PP. II! I pray to see you again someday. :)

~~~

I accompanied Ate Baby to her speaking engagement in Canossa College, San Pablo. She was the keynote speaker for the high school commencement exercise.

I saw some of my former teachers there.
Mrs. Gesmundo – adviser in 1st year
Sr. Annie – religion teacher in 1st year
Mr. De La Mar – adviser in 3rd year
Ms. Lajara – adviser in 4th year

I have shared my life to them. In return they have shared their lives to me and influenced me in one way or another. During my 2nd year in high school, my adviser, Mrs. Ortega wrote a note to me. She said:

Dear Jing, Teachers may come and go, but they will always be part of your life. I hope I’ll be one of them.”

Guess what Ms., all of you have become a great part of my life :)

~~~

April 2, 2005

I am an anti-social person, an introvert, and a listener more than a conversationalist. So you must understand that what you’re about to read was considered as a very big effort and opportunity to practice my people skills.

10:15 am. Nakasabay ko si Ate Glo sa jeep.
Ate Glo's the yaya of my brother for six years. We talked from the moment she saw me until we reached her house.

10:30 am – 1:15 pm. Kinuwentuhan ako ng dentist ko for 3 hours.
What was supposed to be a 3-minute consultation lasted for almost 3 hours – Yup! I lasted that long :)

3:45 pm. I acted as one of the host during the graduation of my cousin.

5:55 pm. While doing the dishes, I entertained Ate Josie, my mama’s balikbayan cousin. My aunt left us, confident that I could handle the conversation pretty well. Oh boy, she had no idea.

Everything went well naman :)

~~~

April 1, 2005

Dreaming that you are PREGNANT, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal. Dreaming that you are pregnant with the baby dying inside of you suggests that a project you had put a lot of effort into is falling apart and slowly deteriorating. Nothing works out the way you want it to.

and

Seeing a WALL in your dream means limitations, obstacles and boundaries. There is a barrier obstructing your progress. You may have been accustomed to your old habits and way of thinking. If you see a wall crumble, then it suggests that you have easily risen above your problems and overcame your barriers.

***

All in all my weekend, if not perfect, went well naman :)

No comments: