Thursday, June 01, 2006

Iba't-ibang kwento

As kids, my brothers and I rarely had any disagreement on what TV shows to watch. We particularly like cartoons and good adventure/science fiction programs. Except for WBC wrestling and Mr. Bean (their favorite and my most hated), we agreed on almost anything shown on TV. From Powerpuff Girls to Kimpossible to Justice League, Batman Beyond to Dragon Ball Z to Inuyasha and Fruit Basket. Name it, we watch it.

However, my all time favorites are: Batman and X-men, for individual and group category respectively.

Batman because he has the capability to get out of any sticky situation (as most super heroes does) without the aid of any superhuman powers, a charcteristic that is recognizably his. He only use his high-tech stuffs – bat belt, bat mobile and the likes – to fight criminals.

As for the X-men, I mainly like the characters and their very unique (siyempre, mutants nga eh) abilities followed by the nice plot.

~~~

When the Uncanny X-men was first shown on TV more than a decade ago, Cyclopes was my first favorite because of his romance with Jean. But then there was this one episode where they featured Wolverine and his life story.

The episode showed how he got his adamantium claws and skeleton and why he had to kill his fiance Lady Mariko Yashida, who was poisoned by Reiko, to relieve her from the pain of slow death caused by the toxin. (wikipedia)

I got this phrase from that episode: “Open your heart where it hurts so much to see the world with your eyes.”

From then on, I became his fan.

~~~

The other night I watched the movie X-men: The Last Stand. I liked it so much; it put a stop on my blog-writing hibernation.

For those who don’t want spoilers, stop reading and visit someone else’s page. For those who already watched the movie or want to have a glimpse of it, read on.

~~~

I wasn’t really shocked when Professor Xavier died. One of my officemates carelessly mentioned it hours before I watched the film. However, what shocked me was the way he died. Jean Grey’s other self, the Phoenix, killed him. It surprised me for once because I know Jean Grey had a lot of untapped mind powers/potentials but what I didn’t know was that she was THAT powerful (level 5 – imagine!).

And then there was Wolverine.

It is a known fact that Wolverine loves Jean Grey. What broke my heart was, of all the characters in the movie, he was the one who was “tasked” to kill her. It was really sad.

~~~

Isa pang kwento…

I bought a complete set of the Korean Telenovela “The Wonderful Life” =D Corny na kung corny pero ang favorite ko ay si… Min Do Huyn. Ang nice ng smile grabe! :)

~~~

Another kwento…

How do you spend a great summer weekend? Mine would be to spend it with my family and friends.

The Angking Tanglaw Choir (SFC Bicutan) spent a weekend at our place (Alaminos, Laguna) last May 20-21, 2006. We are not used to having visitors sleep at our house kaya nakakatuwa nung samin sila natulog :).

We arrived at my place at 11 pm, had dinner and slept at around 2am. We woke up at around 6am the next day. My parents and brother accompany us to Sta. Lucia (at the foot of Mt. Banahaw, Dolores Quezon) for the fellowship.

Anyway, will post the pictures tomorrow :)

No comments: