Friday, June 23, 2006

Pissed!

I saw an old friend last Sunday. And while waiting for the food we ordered, we had an opportunity to talk and update each other. I don’t know how to say this in a nice way but to put it bluntly; I really was not so thrilled to see her. She left me bothered and irritated.

She used to be a very good friend of mine during college. We live in the same city and basically have the same circle of friends. During our first few years in college, we were inseparable - like twin sisters.

However, we drifted apart when I graduated. I am partly to blame because of my busy schedule. Actually I don’t know what happened… we were less than ten in our house (they were my housemates) and ever since I went out of college, I have communications naman with our other housemates who are located (and continuously moving) all over the country (Cebu, Cavite, Cotabato, Bukidnon, Laguna and etc.).

We still try to rekindle our friendship by seeing each other every now and then. After which we would promise to communicate and see each other more often. But after a while, wala na naman.

Lately, I noticed that whenever we see each other, there is this pattern of questions and responses that she would follow which would definitely leave my emotions jumbled. First, she would ask me how I am and then talks about the one person I am trying very hard to forget.

Sad, because during those times when I really needed her the most, she was nowhere to be found. She even told me that she was invited to have dinner with him and the girl. Imagine?! Tapos ngayon, tuwing magkikita kami, kukuwentuhan niya ako ng kung ano-ano. And mind you I am not asking her to tell me those things! I am just so pissed that’s why I am writing this. Yes, I am really affected. Why can’t you just keep those things to yourself? Can’t you be a little bit sensitive?

Hay… :(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear.. :( that kinda happened to me na rin.. have to get used to it somehow.. hugs! (",)

Jing said...

Hi loids...
Miss you na po.
I hope you're doing ok there.
Hugs you back...

omlet said...

eh....

ganyan talga buhay!

unless you chose to be aloof?!

chill, gurl! ;o mwhugz

Anonymous said...

hmm,
dat's sad, my dear..
though i've had one realization after we've moved on since college..that people grow, people change, and that the only thing that we can always hold on are the memories. thus the need to sieze that day with your loved ones because it may never be the same the next time we meet. true, i myself is puzzled over her elusiveness. i think we have unknowingly built invisible wall between us for reasons which i do not actually understand..

anyway, perhaps, that is her way of struggling life's inevitable questions that we all try to face.
just give her the space she needs.
gotta go, and i miss u last weekend..:)
cavimph

Anonymous said...

i think i have an idea who that person is ;p

anyway next time na magkwento uli sya just tell her how u feel. siguro naman by then ma-realize na nya what she is doing to u.

cheers!

tess

Jing said...

Emily, Ate Vic and Tessbong,

Hello! Thank you po for dropping by. Nahihiya ako at ito pa yung entry na nabasa ninyo. i know kilala niyo siya. I was just so sad and bothered that time, kaya i wrote this..