Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A not so important entry

May sasabihin akong hindi importante.

Situation # 1:
Months ago, I promised my cousin that I would give her some money to buy something. She made me promised that by December mabibigay ko na. Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen circumstances naging installment. I gave her (another) partial amount last week though my mom. When I saw her last weekend, she did not mention anything to me, actually she did not say anything to me, not even a small hi. I asked my mom kung nabigay na niya yung partial amount she said "yes" naman.

Situation # 2:
My boss usually ask me to do something for him. I would gladly do anything for him and he knows it. Kaya lang, instead of saying thank you, masisisi or masisigawan ka pa kung mali yung ginawa mo.

What’s the point?

Nothing. I know for a fact that real giving means expecting nothing in return. Forgive me for saying this, but deep inside me I was expecting for something from them. I was expecting that they would say “thank you”. A simple thank you would do.

It seems that these two words are slowly being eaten up by the fast-changing world and I, being a “manang” – as termed by my mom, cannot cope up.

Sayang noh? For me kasi, a sincere thank you means a lot.

It means:
“I appreciate you”
“I am grateful”
“I recognize your effort”
and many more.

Siguro matandain lang talaga ako.. an old-fashion and weird toddler inside a woman’s body. Or maybe, I haven’t reached the maturity stage where I know the real meaning of giving noh?

I go for the second theory. Or whatever :-/ basta.

O let's move on. Next entry please…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bigbaddie appreciates you miss guada. wehehehe.

Jing said...

Thank you bigbaddie :)