Monday, June 06, 2005

First day of school

I went to LB last Saturday to attend the general orientation of all new students in the morning and the program/course orientation for Masters of DevCom (MDC) in the afternoon.

I arrived at the UPOU headquarters 2 hours early (hindi kasi iniintindi ang schedule ;). Seeing people talking and laughing in groups transported me back to my very first day in pre-school. I couldn’t seem to remember the basic rule of making friends.

Luckily when I went inside the conference room several people were already seated. And like me, they all seemed to be on their own. So I approached one and introduced myself. Surprisingly, she also came from San Pablo City. Tita Weng and I chatted until the orientation started.

After orientation, Lema, a college acquaintance approached me and asked if I still remember her. “Of course naman,” I told her. We had a small talk before I went out of the room. She, on the other hand, had to stay for a few announcements regarding their program.

As I was about to leave the building, I saw Baldwin, a former college apartment neighbor. After a very long chikahan, we found out that we are classmates in ENS 201.

During lunch at McDo, a girl smiled at me. It turned out that she too is a student. Later on she told me, she smiled because she saw the study session materials I was holding. After I bought food at the counter I joined her and we ate lunch together. Since all study sessions are to be held at the DevCom Building, I accompanied her and some other new students to their designated rooms. Instantly, I became their tour guide. :)

We had our program orientation at Lecture Room 1.

Déjà vu. Memories flowed like a river. And it felt really good. My classmates came from all over Luzon. They specialized in various fields. I think I will learn a lot just by mingling with them.
After class, I went to visit St. Therese.

~~~

I’m back to school again! Unlike the ADMU experience, this one feels home and this time I know I belong.

Buhay na naman ang dugo ni Jing-jing. :) Yup, I asked them to call me Jing instead of Guada.

(By the way, Jing-jing means brilliant in Mandarin :)

Super dami agad assignments. I really have to re-orient myself. Dapat 'wag tatamad-tamad! ;)

~~~

I know I have NO RIGHT to say anything about it - at least not yet. But I want you to know how very excited I am about it. Super-over-mega excited! Another cannot-wipe-the-smile-off-my-face event :) I'll always be here for you. yipi! ;)

2 comments:

DreamCatcher said...

Hey...I found your blog thru blogshares. So DevCom ka?? I had 2 cousins na devcom graduate. I wish you all the best in your journey.

my blog is http://adreamcatcher.blogspot.com

Jing said...

Hello po! yup i'm a devcom grad batch 96 class 2000. Who are your cousins?

I’ve been visiting your blog since last year. I’m a big fan of your works. :) thank you for dropping by.

:)