Thursday, November 17, 2005

Buntonghininga

My 10 year-old cousin, Gello sent everybody a text message the other day about the gender of his unborn sibling. He informed us that the baby would be a boy and not a girl as he was expecting “it” to be. I know he was a bit disappointed because he was really really expecting a baby girl, which according to him would be named Carla. In response I asked him what would be the name of the baby now. He answered John Louise.

Mama smiled when I told her this. You see, the nickname Gello came from Gene Louise. Most likely John Louise’s nickname would be Jollo. Sabi ni mama, ingat lang daw sa pag-pronounce para wag maging JoloGs. :)

Come to think of it Gello, having a brother is not that bad. I should know, because I have two brothers myself. :) Plus, the name John means “the Beloved”. It would be sensible enough because I’m sure he will be your beloved little brother.

~~~

I’ve been searching for years and just found it last night.
Now I have the album of Fr. Mimo Perez entitled Buntonghinga ng Isang Alagad.
Yay! *Sigh* ;)… and the first song is…

BUKSAN
Fr. Mimo Perez

Pinid ang pintuan mistulang ding-ding
walang sinuman ang maaaring tanggapin
anong pumipigil? anong nag-babawal?
sa sariling mundo bat di ka lumaya

chorus:
buksan ang iyong mga mata
kahit may luha
mamahalin pa rin kita
at tutulungang lumaya

basong may tubig lagyan mong muli
aapaw dahil wala ng silid
pusong may galit di maaring umibig
bulag sa wasto alipin ng isip

3 comments:

Jing said...

Ate ge!!!!

Thank you for dropping by. kala ko kung sino na ito. hehe. Miss you na po. sana one of these days, we could meet and have lunch or dinner man lang. :) mwa! mwa! mwa! :) Have you seen sil’s site?

Anonymous said...

ang danda ng kantang to kahit kanta namin to sa mass ehehehhe..

Jing said...

i have to agree. kinakanta din namin ito nung college kami sa mass. super ganda. i have an mp3 baka gusto mo? :)