Monday, February 20, 2006

A much deeper sigh

This broke my heart…

Mud buries Leyte town
Hundreds feared dead, thousands left homeless
By Jeannette I. Andrade, February 18, 2006
Hundreds of people were feared dead after earth, loosened by days of continuous rain, slid down a mountain and engulfed a town in Southern Leyte on Friday.


On December 23, 2003, people of Dipolog City and Zamboanga del Norte province gave this statement: "We do not want the Leyte tragedy to happen in Zamboanga del Norte."
Leyte tragedy wakes Zambo folk to dangers of logging By Edwin Fernandez

Then this happened:

Slide hits Zambo town
By Al Jacinto, February 20, 2006
Zamboanga City: At least 10 people were missing after torrential rains loosened mud and boulders that buried a row of thatched houses in Zamboanga del Sur on Saturday, officials said Sunday.

~~~

It bothers me to see…

this:

Surprise: Reyes goes to DENR
By Gil C. Cabacungan Jr. (Inq7.net)
Malacañang pulled a major surprise in its latest batch of Cabinet appointees, transferring Interior Secretary Angelo Reyes, a longtime ally of President Macapagal-Arroyo, to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.

and this:

Massive oil spill threatens white Boracay beaches
By Philip C. Tubeza (Inq7.net)
A massive oil spill caused by a National Power Corp. (Napocor) barge last December is threatening the world-famous Boracay island resort, senators said yesterday.

~~~

Ang sa akin lang anong gagawin ng isang heneral sa isang kagawaran na humahawak sa mga isyung pang kalikasan ng Bansa? Halos lahat ng trahedyang nangyayari ngayon ay may kaugnayan sa kapinsalaang ginawa ng tao sa kanyang kapaligiran.

I hate preaching and I do not want to judge pero sa kalagayan ng Pilipinas ngayon, siguro ay mas mabuting isang experto sa pangangalaga ng kalikasan ang inilagay ng ating mahal na pangulo sa nasabing pwesto.

Alam kong kailangan ng kamay na bakal sa pagpapatupad ng mga batas na magproprotekta sa ating kalikasan, ngunit hanggang hindi tumatanim sa puso at isip ng mga tao ang relasyon nila sa kanilang kapaligiran patuloy na magkakaroon ng landslide sa Leyte, baha sa Quezon at pagkamatay ng mga isda at bakawan sa Boracay.

Katulad nga ng sinasabi sa amin ng aming mga propesor sa aming nga subjects sa ENRM, being an environmentalist doesn't only mean planting trees and throwing garbage in the trash can, it is a way of life... it must be a way of life.

For the victims of the Leyte and Zamboanga tragedy, let us offer a minute of silence for the eternal repose of the soul of the departed and grace for those who survived.

~~~

Ang sakit sakit sa dibdib.
Hihimatayin yata ako sa sama ng loob.
I’ve been trying to hold my temper since the first week of February.
I do not want to talk back.
Pero grabe na talaga.
Ang sakit sa dibdib.
I don’t even want to see him sa sobrang sama ng loob ko.
I cannot look at him.
I just can’t.
Oh God, please help me.
Next week, I’ll start looking for another job.
In as much as I don’t want to leave my dream job,
I think it’s time.

Sabi ko kay Arlene nung minsan, I am the kind of person na kailangan munang may drastic na mangyari before I let go of something. And true enough…
This is the third time.
Sayang I’ll be celebrating my two years pa naman sana here on March 16.
Tatagal pa kaya ako…

No comments: