Sunday, April 09, 2006

Palm Sunday

Today is Palm Sunday.

It is the start of the Holy Week.
Ash Wednesday on the other hand is the start of Lent.

Yesterday, during the mass (and also this morning), a group of young people dramatized the passion of Jesus Christ from the time he was presented to Pilate up to the time his body was carried to the tomb.

It was a tear jerking play. No doubt people were touched. I had to prevent myself from shedding a tear because it would be too embarrassing to cry. But it hit hard.

I remember watching The Passion of The Christ a year ago. I acquired a copy of the said film probably months before I had the courage to watch it. That is how coward I was (am). I don’t want to see Him suffer because of my sins. But I am glad I did watch it.

The anguish of knowing that he would suffer physically, emotionally and spiritually made Him very human. And yet He accepted everything openheartedly. He could have just said: “I don’t want to” but because of His love for us, He said “thy will be done.” And up to this very moment we can still feel the power of these very precious words – the wonder of His saving grace.

~~~

Today is also Jena's Birthday. :)
Cheers to you my cousin!
Long life and more love ;)
Mwah!

No comments: