Wednesday, February 28, 2007

House addiction

HOUSE, M.D.
Season 1, Episode 5: DAMNED IF YOU DO
Original Airdate on FOX: December 14, 2004

Chase: It’d be better if you don’t have any visitors. Once we isolate what’s causing your allergy, then we can be a little more lax. [Sister Augustine turns away from the window and starts to cry.] I can pray with you.

Sister Augustine: I want to die. Why has He left me?

Chase: I was in seminary school. They asked us once what our favorite passage was. I chose 1 Peter 1:7. “These trials only test your faith to see whether or not it is strong and pure. Your faith is being tested as fire tests gold and purifies it.”

Sister Augustine: “And your faith is far more precious to the Lord than pure gold; so if your faith remains strong after being tested, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day of His return.”

Chase: He hasn’t left you. The only thing in the way of your knowing if he’s left you is your fear. You have a choice: faith or fear. That’s the test.

Sister Augustine: Do you think faith doesn’t mean I won’t die?

Chase: It will affect how you experience your death, and therefore your life. It’s up to you.

Sister Augustine: Why did you leave seminary school.

Chase: A test. You passed. I didn’t.

~~~

Sister Augustine: When I was 15, I was on every kind of birth control known to man, and I still got pregnant. I blamed God. I hated Him for ruining my life, but then I realized something. You can’t be angry with God and not believe in him at the same time. No one can. Not even you, Dr. House.

~~~

Sister Augustine: You told me your favorite passage. Would you like to hear mine? [Chase nods]. “Celebrate and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again.”

Chase: The prodigal son.

Sister Augustine: He’ll be waiting for you when you’re ready.

~~~

Two of my most loved men in the world: Carlo and my father

2 comments:

AP said...

I wanted you to watch that episode! May isa pa -- faith healer who was "talking to God." I just couldn't remember kasi kung saang season ang which episode. Pero panalo naman mga nakita mo last weekend, da vah? Gosh pwede na ko komisyunan! :)

Jing said...

Panalong panalo! :)

hay naku... ndi ko tuloy alam kung good influence ka or bad influence!
i have an exam and some papers due on Saturday!!! ndi maka-concentrate!

:)

hay... thank you pa rin! looking forward to more recommendations :)