Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I can let go now

Hindi ko pa nakukuwento but I was invited by my “inaanak” to see him and his family the other week. I declined. In as much as I wanted to see him, I cannot allow myself to be close to his family again. I just can’t. I’m ok now. I feel lighter now and I do not want to be burdened again with any ill feelings from the past.

I Can Let Go Now
Alison Krauss

It was so right
It was so wrong
Almost at the same time
The pain and ache
A heart can take
No one really knows
But when the memories cling and take you there
Till you no longer care
You can let go now

It's not right for me
To cling to you
Somehow I just needed time
From what was to be
It's not like me
To hold somebody down
But I was tossed high by love
Almost never came down
Only to land
Where no love is found
And I'm no longer bound
I can let go now

~~~

If someone hurts you repeatedly, you are commanded by God to forgive them instantly, but you are not expected to trust them immediately, and you are not expected to continue allowing them to hurt you.

Purpose driven life p. 143

No comments: