Thursday, January 19, 2012

32nd Birthday - Happy! - Part 2

Jopet and I celebrated the part 2 of my birthday last January 14 and 15. Tapos na ang birthday ko. :) And I super love every minute of it! Fun, fun, fun!


January 14 - Day 2 of 3
We went to Ongpin to canvass for rings. Ana, my SFC sister who is based in Australia, volunteered to sponsor them as her gift to us. She's been bugging me to send her quotations since November last year. Last week, she reminded me again about the quotation so we decided to go and look around. We were able to buy model rings made of tungsten and styled exactly what we had in mind but we could not find ones that were made of gold.

After visiting a number of stores we decided to roam around the area to look for authentic Chinese cuisine. I was a bit hesitant to enter some stores since we were not sure if they were clean or not (sorry, maarte lang talaga). It was a good thing that Jopet agreed to eat at Eng Bee Tin where he ordered Singaporean Laksa.



January 15 - Day 3of 3
Feast of Sto. NiƱo

As promised, Jopet brought me to the National Museum for the completion of my birthday celebration. While inside the LRT, I saw people holding/hugging their Sto Nino images. Probably, they will attend the procession in Binondo.

I was overflowing with excitement as we reached the entrance of the National Museum! I super love the place! Everybody at the entrance was so nice and kind and helpful. Jopet and I did not follow the student’s line. We decided to have our own tour. Apparently we got lost and ended up at the back corridor of the second floor. We entered one of the closed doors and saw many foreigners and lots of lights. Jopet and I concluded that we were probably inside the shooting venue of Bourne Legacy. We decided to pretend that we were lost to check what was going on but as we made our way to the shooting area, we were approached by a man in suit who kept on saying, “nagbabawas kami ng tao! Nagbabawas kami ng tao!” Buti na lang someone at the back said, “Hindi boss, walk in lang mga yan” and he immediately ushered us to another door.

Compared to CCP, National Museum was a magical place! We were allowed to use our cameras as long as we turn off the flash. I love the history behind the artefacts carefully written on the information board beside each display; the old houses of our ancestors as well as their clothes and body ornaments; the preserved species samples in the biodiversity section of the museum; the paintings in the art gallery; even the column cladding at the main entrance of the museum! I mean everything about the place, I super love! =) And the best thing about the trip was that Jopet also enjoyed it.

No comments: