Monday, March 28, 2005

Lent

People close to me know that I like Lent better than Christmas. I have nothing against the latter but in our very materialistic world Christmas has become more and more inclined to the thought of giving gifts - mostly material things. Its true meaning has been over ridden by questions such as: “what is your gift to me?” and “how much it costs?”

Then there’s Lent. For forty days, we are encouraged to give more than material gifts. We are asked to make effort to be a little bit kinder to each other, to be a little bit patient and to be one with Christ in His suffering to save us.

It’s like having a date with Him and having a grand time.

~~~

Tuesday.
A number of people, especially Arlene and Ilen, have been encouraging me to watch the film, The Passion of the Christ since it’s release last year, but I can’t. I don’t have the guts to watch my Lord go through all the pain, the torment and the persecution because of me. I just can’t. Yup! A first class coward.

So, armored with a bit of courage, I watched the film. It broke my heart but I’m glad I did watch.

It was when He accepted the Father’s will and said “Thy will be done” that made all the difference. His perfect, unfailing and wonderful love behind the torment made everything else possible.

The love surrounding the cross –His love - saved us. Along with that is the love at the foot of the cross, which encourages us to be strong in every step of the way to be closer to Him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~~~

Wednesday.
Inay, my beloved and amazing grandmother, turned 69. I pray for her, long life and more love :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~~~

Thursday.
It is a yearly tradition of the family to visit at least seven churches within Laguna to do Bisita Iglesia. This year we visited eight: (1) St. Peter’s Seminary (2) Carmelite (3) Church in Rizal, Laguna (4) Church in Nagcarlan, Laguna (5) Saint Francis of Assisi Church in San Francisco, Calihan (6) Saint Paul The First Hermit - San Pablo Cathedral (7) Nuestra Señora delos Remedios (8) Nestra Señora del Pilar

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was being with Him and with my family at the same time.

~~~

Saturday.
Went to Nazareth Bahay Pag-ibig. I just love Lola Inday and Lola Soledad :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

~~~

Sunday.
We had to wake up early – like 3:30am to go to the plaza. We attended mass after witnessing the removal of the mourning veil of Mama Mary by an angel (a little girl of about 3 to 4 years old) for Christ has risen :) Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Marco said...

hi! tnx sa visit...

nagcarlan ka pala... cool!

ayus yung mga pics mo...

AP said...

guadadee, nagcarlana ka daw, hihihi! (Sorry, marco, she'll explain...)

Jing said...

Hello Marco :)
I'm from San Pablo City po - 30 mins away from Nagcarlan :)
But I love that place so much - so, so much. Nostalgic.
Kaya lang one way, ndi ako love nung place eh ;p

Huy, Arlene! :p