Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Love

When I was in elementary, my female classmates had these small and colorful (sometimes even perfumed) notebooks called autographs or slam books. Those who owned one asked our classmates to answer 20 or more questions about him/herself.

Who is your crush? What is your favorite color? Where did you live? and When is your most unforgettable date? These are just some of the questions included in the said notebook.

I did not own any slam book (I was too shy to ask my parents to buy me one. Ewan ko ba, pero feeling ko kasi they will just tease me about it), but I whenever I had the chance, I read each and every page with answers. Siyempre after 14 years, I remember nothing na yata.

But I am not that forgetful. I remember two or three answers to a very common question. And try as I might, hindi na talaga madagdagan pa.

Anyway, the question was “What is love?” Naks! Very profound di ba? :)
The three most common answers were:
1. Love is like a rosary that is full of mystery (shet! :);
2. Love is blind; and last but definitely not the least
3. God is love.

However, at the moment I am more interested with romantic love or Eros.

~~~

The definition of love varies from one person to another. Based mainly on their experiences, people have different reactions whenever one mentions the four-letter word. Some have the dreamy and smitten look in their eyes, while others will give you the look that says, “Puhleeze! Spare me! Let’s change the subject. Fast!” Sadly, others will just turn away to avoid a very painful subject.

~~~

I am not in a relationship right now.. not even sure if I am still in love (Sad ba? sometime YES). Pero natutuwa ako everytime I see people happy because they have that very special someone to whom they can share their love and lives with. But lately, things are not that great. People are being left behind. Emotionally and physically, they are being abandoned by their loves.

Friends, relatives, fellow bloggers, and the river itself have all been subjected to the same situation of being left behind. And one cannot help but wonder, “what is happening?!”

Poets say that love is a two edged sword. It is where happiness and sufferings meet and cannot be separated from one another. Accept one along with the other. Para bang buy one take one.

Sana lang, and I pray this with all my heart, those who are hurting and suffering will continue to fight and be strong for the sake of those who love them and most especially for that one very special person who’s out there somewhere willing to love them and be loved in return.

~~~

What's Forever For

And maybe it's me that's gone crazy
'Cause I can't understand why
All these lovers keep hurting each other
When good love is so hard to come by

So what's the glory in living
Doesn't anybody stay together anymore
And if love never
Lasts forever tell me
What's forever for

I've been listening to people
And they say love is the key
And it's not my way
To let them lead me astray
It's only that I want to believe

But I've seen love hungry people
Trying their best to survive
While in their hand
Is a dying romance
And their not ever trying to keep it alive

~~~

Please read this.

No comments: