Thursday, May 05, 2005

A mere observation

I’m so over mega tired today.

I went to the Senate (with my boss) to assist and act as secretariat during the Science Legislative Forum on Biotech and Human Genome.

I have no comment about the forum, nothing at all. The speakers and their lectures were good and credible; the audiences were participative; and most importantly the food and the coffee were great.

I just noticed something.

Kung sa building namin ay mamamatay ka sa init, sa Senate (GSIS Building) po ay mamamatay ka naman sa lamig. Super!

Comment ko lang:

Our government is encouraging each and every one to observe and put into practice the austerity measures. They have implemented the 4-day workweek to conserve energy. In addition to this very horrible schedule – yes, I am not in favor of this new schedule I still want the 5-day workweek because my work is piling up more than ever – we have to turn on the air con an hour after the start of the official working hours. AND that’s not all you have to turn it off an hour before the end of the official working hours.

Meaning, when you arrive at 7:30 am you have to turn on the air con at 8:30. So bago pa lang magstart ang araw mo you stink na because of excessive sweating. And you have to turn it off again at 5:30 pm since you HAVE to leave at 6:30 pm. Bawal ang overtime.

Our office is very strict in implementing these measures and yet some people are not. Eh sila nga dapat yung role model namin. Parang sige, here are the guidelines that you should follow. Follow them or suffer the consequences.

I just found it unfair. Yun lang *shrug*

3 comments:

Baddie said...

hmm. makes me so excited to get a job. hehe.

nga pala miss guada, lumipat na ko. papalit na lang po ng url sa links mo. hehe. tnx! mabuhay ka!

laMer said...

wawa naman si ms. guada!

actually, i really benefit from the 4-day work week coz i get to spend more time with my kiddos. kaya lang, choosing between the 2, mas PRODUCTIVE pag 8-5 lang kc 4pm pa lang, wala ng ginagawa sa ofc! so i get to blog that often now, hehehe...

buti na lang malamig d2 sa opis...super init pa naman ngayon!
;-)

Jing said...

Hi bigbaddie!
Done po. Napalitan ko na. :) Working is fun for as long as you like what you’re doing.

Hello lamer!
May advantages din naman talaga, especially for someone like me na umuuwi pa ng province. And like you, I get to spend more time with my family. Mejo nagkaka-problem lang ako sa work. Sobrang dami kasi. And you’re right, sobrang init talaga.

Thank you both for dropping by. ;)