Thursday, October 21, 2004

The conversation inside

I feel good today :) don’t ask me why. I have no idea. :) siguro Anica talked to my Heart while I was sleeping noh? I could just imagine the conversation…

Anica: Heart? Are you there? Are you still awake?
Heart: Yeah…
Anica: How are you?
Heart: Bruised… dying. Why?
Anica: Nothing. I’m just worried, you know… I’ve read something for you a few hours ago. Did you get it?
Heart: What about? Which one?
Anica: The Testimony of Rio Diaz and the song I Hope You Dance.
Heart: I’m sorry, but I was too busy being sad…
Anica: They’re beautiful you know.
Heart: Can you please tell me everything you’ve read?
Anica: Ok, I’ll try. Here it goes…

~~~

RIO DIAZ's Testimony (Aug 17,2003)

Lord, help me... Lord! Lord, just tell me you're in control.

The Lord said: This is my doing. Your weakness needs my strength and your safety lies in letting me fight for you. You did not come to this place by accident. You are exactly where I meant you to be. You were so busy that I could not get your attention and I wanted to teach you some of my greatest truths. The pain will leave you as soon as you learn to see me in all things.

I focused on His promises as Jesus said, Surely I am with you always.

The Lord allowed me to learn to never give up, never give up… put your hope in God.

God comforted my heart with these verses: Why are you downcast o my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for I will yet praise Him my Savior and my Lord.

Don't be sad. I know God is in full control of my life.

Yes, isn't our God amazing? God spared my life when Stanford doctors had given up on me.

In my heart, I knew why. God allowed this miracle in my life to show us how gracious He is and what a powerful weapon prayer can be. And that God can perform miracles in our lives, if you let Him. I will never fully understand God's ways but I do know that God has a purpose for each of us. When God calls you to live for Him, He will invite you to be a part of something much bigger than yourself, something that requires the very best of you, something that may outlive you. When God calls us to a powerful vision, it may transcend safety and it may transcend common sense because it is all about Jesus Christ. Without Jesus, we will not make it!

Do we know, do you know, what God wants you to do with your life? If you are uncertain of God’s will for your life, surrender all your plans to Jesus because God's plans for us are perfect.

SERENITY PRAYER

God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

***

I hope you dance
Ronan Keating

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God forbid love ever leaves you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....
I hope you dance,

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking,
Loving might be a mistake but it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

[Sung over the top::]
Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years
and wonder where those years have gone.

I hope you dance....
I hope you dance,
I hope you dance....
I hope you dance,

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Dance....

[Sung over the top::]
Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along,
Tell me who wants to look back on their years
and wonder where those years have gone.

I hope you dance,
I hope you dance....
I hope you dance,
I hope you dance....
I hope you dance,

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along
Tell me who wants to look back on their years
and wonder where those years have gone.

~~~

(and the conversation continues…)

Anica: If I would highlight the text/lines I want, I have to highlight everything.
Heart: Very nice piece. Hopeful…
Anica: I hope you like it.
Heart: I do. That’s strange… I feel better.
Anica: That’s good! Probably you just need to look at the brighter side… you know, the other side of the coin. He taught us that di ba?
Heart: Yeah… probably.
Anica: I’ll leave you on your own for just a bit, so you may rest.
Heart: Thank you Anica :)
Anica: You're welcome Heart. Now, rest.

No comments: