Friday, October 22, 2004

Of hugs and thank yous

Ever since the break up, I was wondering who would give me a hug. I was certain that it would be the only thing that can give me comfort. After 4 weeks of waiting, my Papa gave a very tight hug last Sunday. While hugging me, he said: “Ay! Ang anak ko…” and the tears fell freely off my eyes. That was the second time my papa hugged me. The first time was when he discovered that someone’s courting me. He was the one who shed a tear then, habang sinasabi: “ineng ‘wag muna ha…” meaning wag daw muna ako makikipag-boyfriend.

After a few hours, Tita Flor (his mom), gave me my second hug for the day while Tito Eddee (his dad) gave me my third. Sabi naman niya while hugging me: “Don’t worry, we like you naman…” very comforting yet very painful.

~~~

Mama, on the other hand, has a different way of comforting her heart broken daughter. She bought me rolls of wallpaper the other day (without my knowledge) saying that she will decorate my room. I know, even if she did not say it, that she knows I’m hurting. And when I refused to see her yesterday to return and exchange the wallpaper for something na mas-pink-ish daw (according to papa), she insisted and bought me a pair of jeans. And then all of a sudden, she spoke up about the issue…

Mama: ‘Wag ka na makikipagkita kay M. ha?
Me: Bakit naman po?
Mama: Basta. Galit ako sa kanya. Akala mo ang gwapo! Hmp! Akala mo ang bait, yun pla…
Me: Nyek! Mabait naman po tlaga yun… (I was about to say, na gwapo din – kaya lang baka maihulog ako ng nanay ko sa escalator)
Mama: Basta, wag na.
Me: Hindi na nga po.

And then kanina lang, when I called her, nung magbaba-bye na kami, sabi niya…

Mama: May sasabihin ako sa’yo.
Me: Ano po yun (acting as if I have no idea at all)
Mama: ‘Wag ka na makikipag-usap kay M. ha?
Me: Opo.
Mama: Pati dun sa mga pinsan…
Me: Ok po.
Mama: pabayaan mo na ngayon ka na lang masaktan kesa naman kung kelan kayo kasal na saka kayo mag-aaway at maghihiwalay. Ayoko ng ganun. Ayoko ng inaaway ka. Kasi Pag inway ka at kasal na kayo, papahiwalayin kita.
Me: ok po.

Hay, she’s right I know. And I love her so much… and Papa and Tita Flor and Tito Eddee, Taluts and Inay. I know in your very own way, you’re comforting me. Thank you very much po.

Truly, in all His wonders, He still finds the time to let each of us know that we are not alone and that we are loved. I love you din Lord! So much! Don’t ever get tired of me. Ha? :) Mah!

No comments: