Friday, July 29, 2005

Four thoughts for Friday

Sources:
First row: "Lord I Just Keep Running in Circles" by Ruth Harms Calkin pp. 11 & 41
Second row: "Amusing Grace" by Rosanne C. Romero pp. 33 & 34

O dear Lord
For so long I have been praying
Pleadingly, fervently
Day after wearisome day
Yet the heavens are as solid brass.
You have closed your ears
To my desperate cry.
Why, Lord? Why?
Don't You love me any more?

Dear wayward child
When will you understand
That praying
Is never a substitute
For obeying.
O dear God
I feel as though I am clinging
To a rough, swinging rope.
Beneath me there is only emptiness.
My hands are bruised and bleeding.
There is no possible way
For me to tie a knot
At the end of the rope
And hang on.
O God, please help me.

Frightened child
Just let go.
I'll catch you.
My head doesn’t feel. That’s why it’s always easier to talk to. My heart, on the other hand, can be more complicated. It doesn’t believe what my head says. Not right away. So you see, I’ll be fine. But it’ll take a while.So that all my being – all my mind and all my heart, may know if there’s anyone I can lean on and who will never tire, it is He. If there’s anyone who loves me all the time, it is He. And that if anyone is the keeper of my soul, it is He.

No comments: