Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Panic!

Some people do things better if they are being pressured, some do not exhibit the same reaction when put under stress. Most of the time, I belong to the first group. But today the second group decided to include me in their very prestigious *sarcasm intended* organization. And clumsy Guada strikes again!

The supplement I was lay outing for almost a week now just disappeared in front of my eyes. I don’t know what happened or what button I pressed, it just wouldn’t open! To make the pressure a little bit heavier, the MB Advertising Department called to inform me that they could only give me an hour to be able to include it for tomorrow’s issue!

Fortunately, I saved another copy in my officemate’s computer else; consider me a dead duck tomorrow afternoon. Relieved? Not yet. The said computer’s already on it’s way to Manila Hotel (we are transporting all the computers there for our two-day annual scientific meeting starting tomorrow till Thursday). Buti na lang Ms. Cha (to whom I promised a box of Wonka NERDS – hay… the prize of being enks! – if everything went well) was there to save my butt. The supplement was successfully forwarded to the MB office for lay outing/printing after 45 min.

Relieved? Now, yes. Thank you very much. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ay! ako din feeling ko mas gumagana utak ko pag pressured ako.

ah oh, swerte mo, nagawan mo ng paraan dilemma mo. :)

btw, you've linked me up pala. thanks a lot! i've linked yours too, btw. :)

Jing said...

hi! thank you for that :) your site was introduced to me by a friend. and i have to say, I like your style :) lalo na mga entries mo regarding X-files. ka-aliw :)

Anonymous said...

hehe tnx! :)

just wondering...u look very familiar...uplb grad ka rin ba? devcom din? right?

Jing said...

yup! uplb din po me. and devcom din. wow! batch 95 ka pla! kya pla familiar face mo. ;)

eh di kabatch mo si sol aragones?

Anonymous said...

oo. korek! u look so familiar din eh. :)

baka nga naging classmates pa tayo eh, hehe! :P

btw, may bago akong ex-file entry. :)